We all know how difficult it is to get your bond back at the end of a lease. Most of us have run into situations where our landlords or property managers withhold some, if not all, of our bond. In order for you to get your bond back, it’s crucial that you leave your Sydney commercial property in the same condition as it was when you started the tenancy. You might be thinking whether you should hire a professional commercial cleaner or do the cleaning yourself.
Here is a list of pros and cons to make the decision that best suits your situation:
Do your own end of lease cleaning:
- Most people don’t have the right tools or know how to use these tools properly.
- Generally, it’s not something you do daily, so you might miss important details that professional cleaners won’t miss.
- End of lease cleaning can be time consuming. Is your time spent better doing something else?
- Some areas of your property might be difficult or dangerous to reach.
- It can be expensive to hire a professional commercial cleaner. If your office or commercial space is reasonably small, or clean and tidy, you might choose to save a few dollars and do it yourself.
Hiring a professional commercial cleaner:
- It can be expensive to hire a professional cleaning service. If your property is reasonably clean, you might decide that it’s not worth the money.
- You might be concerned about theft or privacy and not feel comfortable with having strangers in your commercial property.
- Professional cleaners have the right tools and know how to use them properly. Take carpet steam cleaning, for example; while you can rent a DIY steamer, it won’t heat the water to the same temperature as professional machines and result in a less effective clean.
- Places like internal window sills collect a lot of dust and are often overlooked when it comes to cleaning. Professional cleaners use checklists to avoid missing those less than frequently thought of spots.
- Professional cleaners are experts at what they do. They do this every day, and have the knowledge and skills required to clean offices and commercial spaces in the most correct and efficient ways.
- End of lease cleaning for your office or home is very time consuming. Hiring a professional cleaning service can save you a lot of time.
- Professional cleaners have insurance that helps cover any injuries or damage.
- Providing you receive a tax invoice from the professional commercial cleaner, the cost becomes a business expense and is tax deductible.